Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, January 28, 2011

Jackson Morris

Jackson weighed in at 10 lbs 7 oz on Wednesday at his 1 month check-up. He has gained almost 3 pounds since his birth and grew from 20 inches to 21 and 1/2 inches. This exciting news leads me to my next rant. When he was born he was Coombs positive. This means that his blood type and mine were not compatable and he had a greater chance to be jaundice (which he never was). The nurses were absolutely persistant that I give him formula to flush out the first few poops...although he pooped like 6 times on the first day he didn't poop again until late in the afternoon on day two and they all got worried and everything. He was also having trouble peeing until he got home.

I never posted anything about this because I tried to rid my mind of all of the negativity I was getting around my insistance on breastfeeding. Anyway, by the end of the second day he had lost more than 10% of his birthweight which set off all kinds of alarms with the nurses and the doctor. I was forced to give him formula (all the while I was an hysterical mess because of the mania). To make matters worse, his doctor (who I absolutely LOVE) tried to get me to supplement with formula. He gave me some very bad advice about breastfeeding then finishing with a couple of ounces of formula. Luckily I didn't listen and now he weighes over 10 lbs. I am so proud that I stuck my ground and now Jackson is exclusively breastfeeding.

Hopefully by the end of the weekend I will have some new pictures posted.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I kind of fell off the blogging bandwagon, but I wanted to say congrats on the new little one. He is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete