Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dorothy Marie Hayes Berry (1925-2010)



I love visiting Alabama with Matthew, but not under these circumstances. On this past Friday evening my grandmother who we all call "Granny" or "Nanny Dot" died. She was such a mild mannered, lovely lady and will be greatly missed. One of the hardest things I have ever had to deal with was being told over the phone that she was dieing. The last night of her life she was actually feeling pretty good and was able to talk to all of her family. I even heard her say how much she loved me over the phone before it was her time to go. Although I know she is in a much better place now it still hurts. I will go for now and hopefully give an update in a couple of days. Matthew and I are going to stay and visit for the rest of the week.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. I just went through it with my grandfather last week. Cherish all the moments you had, espcially that last conversation. Know that it is okay to hurt, I still am struggling. I am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete