Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 14, 2009

Choo Choo---I think I can, I think I can

After we got back from the wedding in Red Feather Lakes we checked into our Hotel and found some things to do in the Denver area. Since it was already late afternoon we only had time for one adventure so we had to choose between the Colorado Railroad Museum and the Coors beer factory. I honestly could have done either one but felt that the Colorado Railroad Museum was the best for Matthew. Although I didn't think he was old enough to get much out of either choice we found out that he LOVED the train ride. As we sat down on the train the train blew it's whistle and Matthew perked up and immediately stood up on the bench, put his hands on the rail and looked out the entire 20 minute ride in amazement. After this experience I feel that we will have many more train experiences in our future!!!





I don't think he knew what to think about what was going on at this point!!! (man my hair looked awful...HA)


















We had a little time before dinner after the railroad museum so we decided to take a ride around downtown Denver. There were some beautiful parks and scenery. Seth was excited to drive by Coors Stadium (where the Colorado Rockies play) and Mile High Stadium (where the Denver Broncos play).

Colorado Wild Flowers are beautiful!!! Everywhere we went they were growing wild on the side of the road. Just a wonderful experience.

Bronco statue in the Civic Center of Denver.

Indian statue in the Civic Center.

Colorado State Capital

Union Station

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Wow, your little guy is so cute! Looks like he had so much fun on the train ride!

    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He just grabbed onto that railing and stood on the seat looking around. He had a blast! Katie made a good choice!

    ReplyDelete