Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, May 29, 2009

Not So Good Eats!!!


Ok....so all the progress we made yesterday with eating went out the window today!!! Wow, I am so ready for that little tooth to make it's debut it isn't even funny anymore.

Anyway, we have tried Tylonal (that helps slightly), Baby Oral Gel didn't help at all. The first feeding of the day went great...we started at 9:00 and he ate until about 9:30 or so but the other feedings were shorter and less organized which drives me crazy. He ate at 12, 1:30 and 3 all for no more than 10 minutes or so. Then at 6:30 we had a huge fight (he didn't want to latch) finally he ate about 20 minutes total and we went for dinner. I took a bottle because I didn't think that he had eaten enough but he was quite and very well behaved a dinner. At around 9 we fed him the bottle (while I pumped) it seemed so much easier for him but he only ate 1.5 ounces of the bottle. So at 10:30 I tried to feed him some rice cereal and alternate with the breast and the left over ounce of the bottle...which started out OK..but after the rice cereal and one ounce of the bottle was gone he would not latch on at all. That is when I went to Walgreens to get the Baby Oral Gel. I got home and Matthew was asleep but I knew he needed to eat before I officially put him to bed. I picked him up from the play yard and he was very quite and happy so we changed him into PJs, gave him some Tylonal and Oral Gel then started to feed again. At first he really resisted but after 5 minutes or so he latched right on an ate for a total of 30 minutes.

I would love to just pump and give him the milk in a bottle but I cannot get a full meal out of pumping, unless it has been 4 or 5 hours since the last feeding. I hope someone has some advice for me!!!


On a more positive note, Matthew behaved himself very well today at my piano students house. Even though he has not eaten very well the last week or so he has been behaving himself very well. I just hope he is not the type of baby that is 'happy to starve' and not let me know if he is hungry. I also do not want to force feed him!!!

It has been raining like crazy here in Homestead the last few days. I guess it is officially rainy season. I also do not like the idea that there is already a tropical depression and it is not even hurricane season yet!!! Our new house does not need a hurricane to hit.

Well I better try and get some sleep. Please keep praying the Matthew's teething will not get in the way of him eating. I need serious encouragement because I am feeling very inadaquent these days. I still love being a mother to my little sweat pea!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment